Have you noticed your friends and neighbors stockpiling incandescent light bulbs – here’s why,
Compact Florescent Bulbs
- Compact Florescent Bulbes Last Longer – Only if you leave them on continuously
- They use less electricity – but they emit no heat – so you end up turning up your thermostat.
- They emit UV radiation. The more you have, the greater the risk
- Harmful to animals in the home1
- Increase blood sugar levels – a risk for diabetics
- 12 times the risk of catching fire compared to incandescent bulbs
- Must be taken to a certified disposal depot.
- Requires special toxic cleanup procedures
- The Mercury from 1 bulb can contaminate 7000 gallons of water
- They can cause headaches, skin rashes, irritability, joint pain, asthma and cancer
- They are contaminating our land fills, which will result in contaminating our water supply.
- Made in China.. under questionable conditions.
The Correct Clean-up Procedure